Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Another WIP In The Works???

There might be.

I am currently working on yet another YA fantasy, this one titled My Reality, Your Fantasy. A little vague, you say? Well, yeah, it is. I'm not revealing too much on this one at this point in time. But I will tell you that there are two main characters and each will be telling thier story in first person. Yikes! Can I pull this off?

I think so. I enjoy a challenge. *rubs hands together gleefully with strange glint in eye*

Anyway, I have a lot of completed manuscripts right now. I have The Heart and the Horn, Help! My Parents Are From Outer Space!, and Khaladin. I also have a middle grade fantasy trilogy called The Mirror's Portal Trilogy, which is complete, but in editing. If I could just find an agent, I'd be in good shape.

Then again, maybe not. Just because you have an agent doesn't mean said agent will rep all you write. Gotta keep it real here, folks. ;)

Anyway, sorry my posting has been sketchy lately. I've been lazy, there's no other word for it. But I'm going to try not to be anymore. Please don't quit reading and, if you like what you see on this blog, feel free to follow me. Really, I don't bite all that much. ;)

3 comments:

Anita said...

I like the idea of the two main characters/first person...I'll be thinking of good examples of this method and will let you know if I come up with any. Good luck!

Madison said...

Thanks, Anita! That's so sweet of you! :)

Carradee said...

All the examples I can think of swap main char's 1st person with others' 3rd person.

*thinking*

a few hours later: *still thinking*

Scott Westerfield's Uglies series might help some, considering the personality-altering surgery the narrator goes through between books, and Extras views that narrator from someone else's first person perspective.