Saturday, November 28, 2009

What I'm Gonna Do For Christmas

I am so strapped for cash right now that I can't afford to buy Christmas presents for anyone this year. Sad, I know. But that doesn't mean I can't still give a gift. :)

This is what I'm going to do for all my friends that mean the world to me this year. And if you are strapped for cash as well, then you can do this for your friends and family as well, since it's simple and means a lot.

I have always loved those old letters written with a quill pen and sealed with a wax stamp. So, one day soon, I am going to go down to Hobby Lobby and buy parchment paper, wax, a stamp, and ink. I already have a beautiful turkey feather that will make a wonderful quill pen. I am going to write letters to everyone for Christmas.

Now, the old-time, by-gone days style that I'm using may not suit you, but that's ok. I have found that when someone takes the time out to write a letter for someone, it means a lot, even if it was just typed on a computer and printed off. Words on paper last longer than spoken ones and I honestly think that this is a very fitting gift from any writer.

I'm going to have fun writing with my quill pen. I've always wanted one! It's gonna be a blast! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh! *stealing idea*
that's brilliant. I'm going to fold my own envelopes too...or attempt to learn how. :D even if i have to use those yellow envelopes to cover my homemade ones... :D

Madison said...

I don't think I'm going to make my own envelopes. I think I'm just gonna fold the paper and seal it that way. They did that a lot in the old days too. :)