Friday, May 8, 2009

Shh! Can You Keep A Secret?

Cause if you can't, then you can't read this post. OK, most of you don't know my mom, but there are a few on here that do, so whatever you do, don't tell her!

I drew a picture for my mom for Mother's Day. She has seen the pencil version (unfinished) but has no clue about this.

I had my mom in mind the entire time it took me to write and finish Khaladin. She was really on my mind when I created Khaladin's horse mama. My mom used to work with show Saddlebreds. She also loves a penny Palimino. So, when I created Penny, Khaladin's mom, I made her a penny Palimino Saddlebred.

So now I am going to show you the picture for Mom. It's a tender moment between horsey mama and uni baby.

A Mother's Love


A mother doesn't care if her child is different. She loves that child for who they are....even if they stick out like sore thumb, as Khaladin does in our world.

My mom is not a fan of fantasy, but she has heard enough about Khaladin to know that she likes it. Maybe one day she will ask to read it. :)

I wish I had the money to buy a frame for this, but I don't. She'll like it anyway. But what do you guys think?

2 comments:

Marian Perera said...

Hi Madison,

I think that's lovely. Maybe I'm biased, since I've liked palominos ever since I read My Friend Flicka. But the picture is great, especially the protective way the mare is bending over her foal.

Madison said...

Thanks so much, Marian! I'm glad you like it. :)